From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of ffl...@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:05 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Any comments on this entry from guruphiliac?

At
<http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2006/11/maharishi-effect.html#c116515962972
006527> 12/03/2006 8:27 AM,  Anonymous
<http://www.blogger.com/img/anon16-rounded.gif>  Anonymous said...

An old friend of mine (an ex-TM teacher) lives in Fairfield and does not
attend the TM functions (at their request, because he openly hosted, Oh No!,
other gurus at his home when they passed through Fairfield. He enjoys the
drama when they go through town. He still thinks TM is good, however. He
recently told me that among those living there, many of the old-time TM
teachers have turned to drugs and alcohol. He said that many are addicted to
pain killers or are drunkards. He told me this very matter of factly, like
it was normal in any community in the US to have a large number of strung
out people, but I found it very strange, given MMY's teachings.

I know that when I visited him in Fairfield a few years ago and went to see
some Guru-passing-through type who was a "healer" of some kind, there was a
huge group of TMers who were active in the domes, visiting the same guy,
saying "shhh don't say you saw me here"..... Many many many of them had
cancer and other horrible diseases like debilitating arthritis. Most of them
were between 25-50 years old. The "healer", who happened to be from India,
said he had never seen so much disease in such a small, condensed population
in his life.

I live here, as you know, and it sounds like an exaggeration to me. I'm sure
there are instances of all this stuff, but I doubt they're outside the norm
for a community of this size and age range. But I don't mingle too much,
don't hang out in the coffee houses, etc., so I'm sure there's a lot going
on that I'm unaware of.