> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > Robert wrote:
> > >
> > > Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe
> > >
> > > IT
> > > IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan
> > > are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few
> > > New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their
> > > fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric
> > > bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a
> > > fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out.
> > > Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US
> > > is without power.
> >
> > Don't go see "Knowing" then.
>
> I just watched a bad, pirated, fuzzy CAM copy
> of this flick, and it only adds to the feelings
> of dismay I felt when I first read Robert's post.
>
> When I first read it, my first thought was, "What
> you focus on, you become," and a sense of sadness
> that someone who had spent so long on paths of
> supposed self discovery could focus so intently
> on The End Of The World, in all its supposed
> manifestations.
>
> Then I saw this movie, and that sadness heightened.
> This is NOT a good film. But it's going to be a
> popular one (it is now currently the most popular
> film in America) because it focuses on what many
> people WANT to happen, and WANT to become.
>
> They want to become pawns in the game of Gods, who
> KNOW WHAT THE PLAN IS.
>
> They want aliens or God or gods and goddesses or
> Big Verginas from the Pleiaides to KNOW WHAT
> THE FUCK IS HAPPENINGS, AND TELL THEM.
>
> They want to be special, because they "know" what
> is happening, and no one else does. Like the char-
> acters in this film, they don't even CARE if the
> world goes to hell in a firestorm, JUST AS LONG
> AS THEY ARE CONVINCED THEY KNOW WHAT
> IS HAPPENING, and no one else does.
>
> Ego. What monstrous ego. Maybe the planet really
> DOES "deserve" to become a cosmic crispy critter,
> if this is all the creativity its inhabitants
> can muster up.

I am not forecasting the end of the world...
This is an article, which I thought was interesting and decided to post it...
I thought it was interesting that the 'more advanced' countries would be more
at risk, and that maybe that is why so many are moving to places like Costa
Rica, which might be a place of more self-sufficiency, in case of such a
scenario..
R.g.