--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> Ketu (who signifies the occult) seems to be stirring up some problems
on
> FFL. The marshybots are on the march bringing up once again that "TM
is
> so unique and the bestess." Those of us who know jyotish can see why
> this is manifesting at the moment and a good demonstration of why
> jyotish does work and IS a science. It is just not an EXACT science as
> some people tend to believe. Those of us who have studied jyotish
> especially away from the Maharishi brand know better and have
experience
> with other folks from other traditions having met them at seminars. I
> also met some fairly strong but open minded TM folks at those too.
>
> As I have said many a time on FFL, TM is a form of "yogic meditation."
> And those kinds of meditation programs are numerous. >

Your opinion has more to do with your lack of understanding of the
transcendent and its relationship to meditation. Transcendental
Meditation, as Maharishi pointed out, is ANY mediation that allows the
mind to experience pure Being (that aspect of consciousness that is not
localized, but the abstract basis of nature/mind.)

ANY meditation that does this IS actually TM, as Maharishi pointed out.
If you transcend on a regular basis every time you look at a particular
flower, then that would be a form of transcendental meditation. However,
if it is not systematized and repeatable day after day, assimilatable,
able to be practiced effortlessly by anyone who can think a thought, and
proven to have benefits in many research studies, published in respected
peer-reviewed journals throughout the world, then it is just rumor and
heresay - a kind of mythology. Once proven by science to be of real
benefit, of course, then no-one cares what it is called, or what the
practice is.

Anything that is useful to life will flourish, anything that is
not-useful will fade (hence the fading of the Republican party for
example, and the fading of US aggression around the world.)  All the
meditations you speak of have about 30 years of research to catch up to
be even considered by society (not me) to be worthy of attention.

These are the facts of life, not an opinion. Get used to it.

This is the transition phase. That which falls will fall, and that which
flourishes will flourish. Only your prejudice can rail against
scientific research -- and your prejudice against science will fade over
time. Any meditation that creates enlightenment will flourish, and in
this scientific age, only those that are proven by science to have
actual benefits will survive. The rest will be lost in time.

These are the facts of life, not an opinion. Get used to it.

Reason is King, not sectarian opinion. Science Rules. Period

--- OffWorld