--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> off_world_beings wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu noozguru@ wrote:
> >
> >> Ketu (who signifies the occult) seems to be stirring up some
problems

> > on
> >
> >> FFL. The marshybots are on the march bringing up once again that
"TM

> > is
> >
> >> so unique and the bestess." Those of us who know jyotish can see
why
> >> this is manifesting at the moment and a good demonstration of why
> >> jyotish does work and IS a science. It is just not an EXACT science
as
> >> some people tend to believe. Those of us who have studied jyotish
> >> especially away from the Maharishi brand know better and have
> >>
> > experience
> >
> >> with other folks from other traditions having met them at seminars.
> >> also met some fairly strong but open minded TM folks at those too.
> >>
> >> As I have said many a time on FFL, TM is a form of "yogic
meditation."
> >> And those kinds of meditation programs are numerous. >
> >>

> > Your opinion has more to do with your lack of understanding of the
> > transcendent and its relationship to meditation. Transcendental
> > Meditation, as Maharishi pointed out, is ANY mediation that allows
the
> > mind to experience pure Being (that aspect of consciousness that is
not
> > localized, but the abstract basis of nature/mind.)
> >

> Oh, so then it is okay to rename say PowerTouch Yoga to TM by your
> understanding? But I don't think the TMO lawyers would agree with
> that. :-D>

Can I re-name the act of driving a ski-doo in winter, or changing a tire
in 100 degrees weather to "TM" ?  Of course not. TM is TM, anything is
something else. Why on earth would you want to change everything to be
called "TM"? That would be silly.

> I experience the transcendent which I would call "samadhi" a more
> traditional term when I practice meditation. So I think I have a find
> understanding. But say anything you want to obfuscate the argument to
> benefit your fundamentalist concept. Doesn't mean you're right.>

So you are anti-science now Bhairitu? THAT is pretty much the definition
of a fundamentalist. I am not the fundamentalsit you are. I go by
science, and science is pen to change, but until the facts are found to
be different, you cannot possibly get around hundreds of studies
published in respected peer-reviewed journals at this time. It will take
you 30 more years. Come back and ask me then. Menawhile the rest of
modern society is working with what we know from science. Not your
mythologies of some idea that has no proof in research.

> > ANY meditation that does this IS actually TM, as Maharishi pointed
out.
> > If you transcend on a regular basis every time you look at a
particular
> > flower, then that would be a form of transcendental meditation.
However,
> > if it is not systematized and repeatable day after day,
assimilatable,
> > able to be practiced effortlessly by anyone who can think a thought,
and
> > proven to have benefits in many research studies, published in
respected
> > peer-reviewed journals throughout the world, then it is just rumor
and
> > heresay - a kind of mythology. Once proven by science to be of real
> > benefit, of course, then no-one cares what it is called, or what the
> > practice is.
> >

> You obviously didn't read my comment to Roberts post a couple days
> back. I said the transcending thought is not original with TM. It is
> known as samadhi. >>

So what? You obviously did not understand Maharishi when he used the
term samadhi, and that TM was for that. If you transcend, the method is
that you experiece finer and finer levels of existence/mind and
experience the abstract basis of existence - Being. This process,
Mahrishi called Transcendental Meditation. He also said his was the most
efficient way for the masses. This can be disputed of course, but so can
your claim. What cannot be disputed is 100's of published studies that
show the benefit of TM. I suppose you now want to call any form of
mediations "TM" ? Well, let's just call stroking the cat "TM" or kcik
boxing. Your argument is just silly.

<<When you went to TTC (or did you) you learned the
> "teaching process." TM is a process and what I'm saying differentiates
> TM from other traditions because of the PROCESS. Comprende?>>

Incorrect. Maharishi said that any method that gives the experience of
transcending is that porcess. He used a systematized version of the
process so that the maximum number of people could transcend from it. I
guess you did not transcend with TM is that what you are saying?

> IOW, the process is unique. The experience is not. Other traditions
> have similar processes but not exactly the same.>>

It is not unique, there IS ONLY ONE PROCESS. If you find a better way to
do it - go ahead, but society will not care about your rantings until
there is a similar grounding of 100's of published studies. That will
take any meditation, no matter how ancient, about 30 years to achieve.
Ain't gonna happen. No-one in the real world cares about 'theoretical
results', they want proven results. It is too late for other forms, but
if, 30 years from now, something can be proven to be 10 times better on
all levels than TM has proven to be, the beauty of the system I follow
is that we accept that result, and society will pay adopt it. That is
the way modern science, not your fundamentalist draconian view.

> > Anything that is useful to life will flourish, anything that is
> > not-useful will fade (hence the fading of the Republican party for
> > example, and the fading of US aggression around the world.) All the
> > meditations you speak of have about 30 years of research to catch up
> > be even considered by society (not me) to be worthy of attention.
> >
> > These are the facts of life, not an opinion. Get used to it.
> >
> > This is the transition phase. That which falls will fall, and that
which
> > flourishes will flourish. Only your prejudice can rail against
> > scientific research -- and your prejudice against science will fade
over
> > time. Any meditation that creates enlightenment will flourish, and
in
> > this scientific age, only those that are proven by science to have
> > actual benefits will survive. The rest will be lost in time.
> >
> > These are the facts of life, not an opinion. Get used to it.
> >
> > Reason is King, not sectarian opinion. Science Rules. Period
> >
> > --- OffWorld
> The meditation program I'm currently doing has been around a lot
longer
> than TM.>

So now, you claim it is the age of the technique that counts. Lol...I'd
like to see that fly in the real world. Its over Bhairatu. You will need
30 years of research to prove your point. Have fun with your technique,
it may even be better than TM, but we will never know, because its
proponents were not enlightened enough to put it under the scrutiny of
modern science. A scrutiny Maharishi started with over 38 years ago, and
now we are hundreds of published studies later. Get back to me when you
have the same, or can demonstrate fully any of the sidhis. Other than
that, the world is not listening.

OffWorld