--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard M" <compost...@...> wrote:
> Well - may well be so. But my point is that to assert with great
> authority that "The Yogic Tradition" asserts such and such of these
> thingies is a con (i.e. a claim to some privileged *insight*
> into the tradition). After all, if these angas are too arcane a
> subject for Wikipedia, it is hardly sensible to imply that there
> can be no ambiguity of interpretation hanging over them.
>
> In other words it is an instance, to go by flavour of the day, of a "thought
> stopper".
>
> What, when you think about, IS "The Yoga Tradition" (singular)?

Probably Maharishi Patanjali, considered by some to be the Father of Yoga.

MMY defaulted the other limbs to one's own Religion (or didn't you know?),
unfortunately for many, if not most, TM has become 'TM in lieu of Religion', a
big mistake IMO.

 "Ritual and the dogmatic aspects of religion are certainly *necessary*,
because for the soul to exist so must the body." MMY SOB Religion

"The rituals of the various religions represent the body, and the practice of
directly experiencing Being represents the spirit.  *Both* are necessary and
should go hand in hand. One will not survive without the other."  MMY SOB
Religion page 256