--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...> wrote:

> My understanding of the "breathless" state is that there is no breathing at
> all.
> Of course, this cannot continue indefinitely as you would die. Or breathe.

This is not actually true according to Yogic Science, 'life' in the body is not
from air, food and sun alone but also the prana, the subtle 'life force'
without which one would die.

One will learn, eventually, through meditations like TM to withdraw the
attention completely and live sustained solely by the prana.

It's a complex subject but 'basically' there are four pranas in question here,
two apparently stay with the objective physical body and two completely leave
and give rise to higher states of consciousness like transcendental
consciousness. See MMY's talk on "immortality on the physical level" previously
posted.

>From Autobiography of a Yogi below:

"No responsive stir from Master; I approached him cautiously. He was not
breathing. This was my first observation of him in the yogic trance; it filled
me with fright."

"His heart must have failed!" I placed a mirror under his nose; no breath-vapor
appeared. To make doubly certain, for minutes I closed his mouth and nostrils
with my fingers. His body was cold and motionless. In a daze, I turned toward
the door to summon help."

This state is also mentioned in St. John's Revelation.........

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice
like the sound of a trumpet, (sound of OM, from where all mantras come).

17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right
hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid;