--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 <no_re...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > "young Joe Stalin"?
> >
> > It's a very precise phrase, and in my opinion
> > an accurate one.
> >
> > I first encounter the young, still-thin Bevan
> > Morris on my last TM course, a six-month stint
> > of awesome boredom spent ostensibly learning
> > how to fly (well, at the time that really *was*
> > how it was advertised) in St. Moritz, Switzer-
> > land. There was no real "course leader," but
> > Bevan would show up from time to time to over-
> > see things and "take reports" of "good exper-
> > iences" to theoretically take back to Maharishi.
> >
> > I sat in a room with him one day and watched
> > as he was talking with person after person
> > who had such "good experiences" to report.
> > And I noticed something fascinating, something
> > that at the time I wasn't expecting. I noticed
> > a prevailing emotion in Bevan as he listened,
> > and in how he reacted.
> >
> > That emotion was JEALOUSY.
> >
> a lot of people get jealous. since you have utterly
> failed to address my incredulity at this hyperbole,
> i'll repeat it, with some clarification:
>
> "young Joe Stalin"? Stalin murdered 25 million Russians.

Not exactly what most people would call a "petty
tyrant." But that's how Barry thinks of Stalin, it
seems. I'm sure he'll have an excellent explanation
for why he does. Somewhere in it will be the
assertion that *all* tyrants are petty, by definition.
(In which case Barry's phrase "petty tyrant" would
be redundant, but that's just, you know, hair-
splitting.)