> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 7/7/05 9:44:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >
> > > Which is really too bad, because whatever *else* he
> > > is and has done, Blair's the "point man" at this
> > > summit for global warming and aid for Africa.
> >
> > Well, maybe Bush planned the bombings to change the subject of
> > the meetings.
>
> This has already been proposed by some conspiracy
> theorists on the Web.

Just to riff on this idea further, I don't personally
believe that these bombings were perpetrated by Bush
& Co.  But they might as well have been.

Assuming for the moment that the bombings were carried
out by Al-Quaida fanatics, what is their motive?  It's
to scream, loudly, at the start of the G8 conference,
"Don't talk about global warming and world poverty and
how to solve those problems...talk about US.  WE, and
our cause, are what's important here!!!"

IMO, the real tragedy of this tragedy is that whoever
did it *could* effectively have been working for Bush
& Co.  They've managed (so far) to derail a series of
talks that were supposed to be about the *real* pres-
sing problems of our time (energy, global warming, and
world poverty) and turn them into a forum for glib one-
liners about terrorism, the boogie man of our times.

What could have been a grand leap forward, especially
with the pressure placed upon the G8 by the Live 8
phenomenon, looks now as if it's going to be a grand
leap backwards into rhetoric about fear and revenge
and "fighting terrorism."

Terrorism is a distraction, folks.  It's the misdir-
ection of a stage magician who wants you to focus on
it instead of what's really happening, and on what
he has up his sleeve.  The London terrorists and
the old rich men who make up Bush & Co. are NOT
enemies.  They are PARTNERS.  They NEED each other,
and work together to keep people focused on fighting
terrorism instead of focusing on having a viable
environment to leave to our children, or on those
children having something to eat.

Did the London terrorists report directly to George
W. Bush?  Probably not.  But they're certainly on
the same "side" as he is.

Unc