--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> It would be interesting to see if we could get the
> same Wikipedia supreme court ruling against the TMO
> and TM cultists who tirelessly edit and remove any
> controversial or fact-finding entries regarding the
> Maharishi and Transcendental Meditation. It would
> be nice to see more factual entries for both of these,
> without interference from TM-biased revisionists,
> Neo-Vedic fundamentalists and mythologists.

<snicker>

If "we" got the same Wikipedia court ruling as that
with regard to Scientology, it wouldn't be just the
TMO folks who'd be banned. It would also be the
TM-haters like Vaj and Knapp and Skolnick (see below).

But interestingly, as I posted Friday, the people
working on the TM-related sites don't seem to require
that sort of drastic action. Contrary to Vaj's claim
above, and unlike the Scientology situation, the TM
pro and con factions have been able to forge a working
arrangement to settle disputes and forestall hit-and-
run editing by either side.

Note the third paragraph below:

Wikipedia blocks Scientology from altering entries

by Glenn Chapman

Fri May 29, 2009 6:21PM EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) - Wikipedia has blocked the Church of
Scientology from editing entries at the communally-
crafted online encyclopedia due to an unrelenting battle
over the group's image.

A "longstanding struggle" between admirers of Scientology
and critics of the group prompted Wikipedia on Thursday
to bar online edits from computer addresses "owned or
operated by the Church of Scientology and its
associates."

*****
An array of editors believed to have taken sides in a
Scientology public-image war at Wikipedia have also been
barred from tinkering with topics related to the church.
*****

"Each side wishes the articles within this topic to
reflect their point of view and have resorted to
battlefield editing tactics," senior Wikipedia editors
said in arbitration committee findings backing the
decision.

"The worst casualties have been biographies of living
people, where attempts have been repeatedly made to slant
the article either towards or against the subject,
depending on the point of view of the contributing
editor."

A church spokeswoman downplayed the development, saying
the Wikipedia arbitration committee is part of a routine
process for handling conflicts at the website.

"Do Scientologists care what has been posted on
Wikipedia? Of course," said Karin Pouw. "Some of it has
been very hateful and erroneous. We hope all this will
result in more accurate and useful articles on
Wikipedia."