Randy

Good to have someone else questioning Vaj's BS.

This guy postures himself here as an american  natha-guru and buddhist
dzogchenpa. However, his simplistic identification of Narayana (as the source
of the tm puja) with the vaishnava sampradaya shows an amazing ignorance.

In reality this guy is just another american spiritual hack who makes error
after error in his claims. He has been on this forum for four or five years. He
is here because he wants to "critique" (read denigrate) maharishi's
accomplishments and maharishi's personality.

What he brings to the forum is a quite partial intellectual knowledge of
Buddhism, some nomenclature from Swami Rama's lineage, claims of initiation
into the Nath sampradaya and many other speculations he has generated from his
reading.

As you probably know Shankara instituted five form of deity worship, later
amplified into six: Surya, Vishnu, Shiva, Shakti, Ganapati and Skanda. He
viewed and taught all as faces (identities) of Parameshvara Saguna Brahman.

What Vaj is saying is that sectarian Shaiva-s trace their lineage from Shiva
and sectarian Vaishnava trace their lineage from a form of Vishnu-Krishna. Vaj
is therefore claiming that those Dashanami lineages of Adi-Shankara who view
Narayana as the source-origin of their sampradaya must be Vaishnava by
definition.
This is a gross blunder confirming him to be just another cheap hack.

So if you are wondering -  "why he is here?
He is here because:

1.      FFL provides him with a large forum to display his ponderous claims to
esoterica.

2.      Most people here are not deeply conversant with other Asian meditative
traditions much less Western spiritual traditions. Thus he can present himself
as a pontiff.

His main problem is that there are a few people here on the forum having both
knowledge and experience in other meditative traditions. However, the
unfortunate reality is that they don't always have time to follow his many
threads and negative comments. If his employer only knew how much time he
spends on ffl each day they would probably fire him on the spot.

So, as a consequence, our good buddy Vajra-duta gets a free pass most of the
time.

Please join us if you can and keep this rabid skunk under some kind  of control
by questioning and examining his every claim and assertion. Odious-vajra-duta
had proved to not only to be rabid but also dishonest. We need help maintaining
some type of vigilance here.

PS: By the way, as far as Bhaja Govindam is concerned, Govinda was the name of
Shankara's guru, who was also a direct disciple of the famous advaita teacher
Gaudapada.