"In the past six years, nearly one-fourth of every dime raised by Max Baucus
and his political-action committee has come from groups and individuals
associated with drug companies, insurers, hospitals, medical-supply firms,
health-service companies and other health professionals."

http://tinyurl.com/m5cfhb
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/16/report_senator_max_baucus_received_more

Max Baucus eliminated single-payer from committee discussions of health care
reform then feigns regret in an interview with the New York Times.

"In all likelihood, Baucus took single-payer off the table for a very good
reason—because he isn't trying to create a progressive health reform package.
His statement to the Times was pure BS...

After the fact, he was covering his keister for those on the left...
When Baucus voiced his regrets to the Times, it was a big silly con!

Were we really supposed to believe that, after all these years, Baucus made the
rookie mistake he described? That's what Baucus told the Times."

Bob Somerby
http://www.dailyhowler.com/

"We know the Republicans aren't on our side, but the Democrats pretend to be
our friends while selling us down the river.  They are the political equivalent
of the Washington Generals.  They get paid to put on a show and lose.

Nothing will change until the lefty blogosphere quits making excuses for them."

http://tinyurl.com/m6d8rq
http://riverdaughter.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/failure-is-a-feature-not-a-bug/