--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "It's just a ride"
<bill.hicks.all.a.r...@...> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM, scienceofabundance <
> no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> > > As someone who "chose the gay lifestyle" having carefully
> > > considered all other options available to me, I consider
> > > the above to be highly, highly sacrilegious, blasphemous,
> > > profane, heretical, and irreverent.
> >
> > However, I have been having somewhat of a dry spell recently,
> > so I think I'll give #1 a shot.
>
> There's more to my story. Since there were no gays in
> residence courses I attended, the question came up about
> homosexuals.  The pat answer given was that gays had deep
> stresses which they just needed to work out by meditating
> and going to residence courses. When the stress clears they
> wouldn't be gay anymore.
>
> Any idea how close you are to THE BIG ONE?

Given the talk in gay cafes in my gay mecca of
a Spanish beach town, I think you may have mis-
understood THE BIG ONE they are searching for.  :-)

But jokes aaide, do you not see the ELITISM
in the above statements?

What is implied is: 1) We know the "truth" about
homosexuality, 2) anyone who doesn't agree with
that "truth" is wrong, 3) anyone who practices
homosexuality is, by definition, "stressed," 4)
we have the "final solution" for "stress" -- just
mediate and go to residence courses.

It's the same ELITIST crap that they trot out for
any other problem in the world -- "Just meditate
any everything will turn out OK. Oh, and by the
way, do you know how SPECIAL and CLOSE TO
ENLIGHTENMENT you are because you're an oh-so-
special TMer?"

Load 'o bullcrap, if you ask me. ESPECIALLY when
compared to the realities of this forum, on which
we have many people who have meditated TM-style
and attended residence courses for three or four
decades, and whom NO ONE ON EARTH would want
be like. Can you imagine anyone...at any level of
development...wanting to be like Off, or Nabby,
or Judy Stein, or jr_esq, or any of the other
TBs here? They'd take one look at them, scream,
"Ugh...religious fanatic," and run the other way.

The problem with the standard line of bullcrap
above is that the TMO does not have enough examples
of people who have "just meditated and gone to
residence courses" whom most in the outside world
would think of as decent human beings, much less
enlightenend human beings.