--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "uns_tressor"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I think you are right. I have known several close
> > > friends as born
> > > again bible thumpers. Eventually they calm down and
> > > become more open-minded.
>
> > It all depends upon the sincerity and the
> > authenticity of the seeker. Most fantics....fall
> > into this category, are seeking reassurance
> > through conceptual certainty. People hold onto
> > dogmas because it makes them feel certain that
> > they are "right."....
>
> A long way off but nevertheless still a bit reminiscent
> of Thursday's bombings. A terrorist must be
> pretty insecure to want or need to bomb people
> into joining, which presumably, is their ultimate goal.
> Uns.>>>

No, not so far off. Thats the whole point.
Fundamentalism is the enemy of Humanity, and the irony is that Bush
and most of his cronies are fundamentalist Christians, and  Bin
Laden et al are fundamentalist Muslims, with beliefs - on both
sides - that under any other name , would be considered psychotic
and fascist. When you believe your religion is superior, you
naturally resort to arrogance, which, certainly in kali yug,
ultimately leads to extreme violence.