shempmcgurk wrote:
> I really don't have much of an investment in healthcare reform one way or the
> other; I can take it or leave it.
>
> But what I do care about is the deficit.
>
> At the end of July, we have a $1.2 trillion deficit for the year!  This is
> unbelievable and unsustainable.  This happy-go-lucky spendthrift president
> and his Democratic congress are spending America into oblivion.
>
> We may end up having a $2 trillion deficit for the year which is about what
> the entire budget was the year Clinton left office (and that was a balanced
> budget).
>
> Many people are shaking their heads in bewilderment.  Those that aren't
> probably don't understand numbers.
>
> I say: balance the budget NOW.  Don't do it incrementally; do it now...in
> fact, I say not only balance the budget but create a surplus.
>
> And if such a move throws us into a depression, I say: bring it on.  Better
> to deal with it now than have a much longer and worse one later.
>
> If this president can't immediately balance the budget then he should be told
> that impeachment is in his future.
>
> Enough already!
Why?  Didn't your hero Dick Cheney say that we don't need balanced
budgets?  And your hero Ronald Reagan began the whole thing.   Clinton
left us with a surplus.  Then your hero Dubya plundered the country
again and you expect Obama to balance the budget in a few months.  You
are truly a wingnut.  How are those "golden showers" you're getting from
the rich?  You know those who practice "trickle down" economics?