If history has anything to say,

>, what I think you're "feeling" in
> revering Shakerisms is the same thing you try to
> promote here on FFL, Doug -- a sense of "community."

Not revering, just observing.  Just proactive interest.

Not just Shakerisms.
Not revering but steeping some little in 18th and 19th Century American
spiritual movements and their European and Eastern roots.  Is a lot of
descriptive material available and some that is proscriptive, that can be
learned from about life of spiritual movements.  The proscriptive insights they
give in their own voice can be a useful perspective to how it is going for
Transcendental Meditation.

Jai Adi Shankara,
-D in FF