[quoting Doug:]

[I wrote:]
> > I must have missed this. When and where and how,
> > exactly, have Tony and Konhaus pitched channeling
> > and "spiritualism" and "hearing from" Maharishi?
> >
> > Do we know this for a fact? What are some examples?
>
> Judy,
> You do have amazing research skills & evidently some time.
> Take a look at an index to FFL, scroll down to the area
> around Maharishi's death.  That will get you to the area.
> Was in the movement's global chats and the Maharishi Open
> University broadcasts that these guys gave in that time of
> freefall.  Almost seemed they started down the road to
> Damascus towards being a spiritualist organization and
> were called back to being a spirituality group.

Funny thing, because I've been watching like a hawk
for this kind of nonsense ever since MMY died--
especially right after he died--and never saw anything
posted here that even remotely fits your description
quoted above.

The reason I was on the alert for it is that I had
previously speculated about the possibility. As I
recall, the first time I mentioned it was when it
was announced that MMY had anointed King Tony as his
successor, and some were surprised because that was
well before there was any sign that he was close to
leaving us.

I said then that I thought he had done so because (1)
he wanted to avoid any succession controversy like
what occurred with Guru Dev; and (2) he figured if
there was someone very visibly in command of the TMO
when he died, there would be less chance of the
movement splitting into factions on the basis of who
claimed to have been told what by MMY from the Great
Beyond.

> Would bet Euros that they have taken down the links
> now.  However, was something that evidently got played
> out at the inner TM circle in Vlodrop at the time as
> they were trying to sort themselves out and find
> language for themselves and the TMmovement in those
> days.

If you're talking about the notion that MMY was in
heaven watching over us, this is what I thought too.
I didn't find it alarming in the slightest, and it
never appeared to progress any further. If anything
did come up along the lines you suggest in what I
quoted at the top, it must have been very quickly
stomped on before it seeped out.

> Sorry you missed it the first time around.  It seemed
> noteworthy and evidently has passed.

If it has passed, why do you keep quoting it in your
"indexing" posts?

BTW, for those who insist that the idea of MMY's
essence continuing to exist out in the ether in some
sense goes against his own teaching that all
individuality disappears when an enlightened person
dies, I wonder how they would explain the puja to
Guru Dev, as well as this from MMY's Gita commentary:

The holy tradition of great masters, which is
responsible for reviving the teaching after every
lapse, has captured the mind and heart of lovers
of Truth in every age. It is not merely held in
high regard, but has come to be actually worshipped
by seekers of Truth and knowers of Reality. A
verse* recording the names of the greatest and most
highly revered masters has not only inspired seekers,
but has been a joy even to the fulfilled hearts of
realized souls passing through the long corridor of
time.

* See Appendix [which quotes the puja].

--Commentary to 4:2 in MMY's Gita translation
(copyright 1967)