[snip]

> Neither of them had any choice once the economy began
> to collapse (largely as a result of GWB's policies,
> including the billions spent in Iraq and on tax cuts
> for the wealthy, as well as lax oversight of financial
> institutions, many of which Obama is working to reverse).

[snip]

I can't disagree with you vis a vis Bush's horrible spending record (which even
pre late '08 stimulus and bail-out spending he had increased over 50% from what
was Clinton's last year in office).

But the tax cuts?  Bush INCREASED the wealthy's share of income taxes that they
paid as a percentage of overall revenue from income taxes.

As for lax oversight of financial institutions: yes, Bush has to take blame
because it happened on his watch.  But it was the policies of Democrats mostly
-- including those during the short-lived career of Senator Obama -- that was
largely responsible fot he lax oversight.

If Obama is working to reverse them, good for him!  But it won't be done
through government oversight as they are the #1 culprit in creating the
environment for the problem to happen in the first place.