Turq wrote:
> Now think spiritual practice. Every week we see
> instances of people declaring what they believe
> to be the "Truth" about enlightenment, *without
> ever having experienced it themselves*...

You've just committed a logical falacy: you've
assumed, based on verbal knowledge, that there is
an entity 'spirits', or a 'spiritual' practice.

Do we have any evidence from our senses that there
is anything beyond the senses? Are there really
'spirits' or a 'spiritual' world?

Is there any objective, scientific proof for the
existence of an 'enlightened state'?

> They have convinced themselves that reading
> *about* enlightenment is "enough" to talk the
> talk of enlightenment...

But, if anyone on the planet had ever experienced
'enlightenment', it would be impossible to make a
single comment on the experience, for the very
minute you say the word 'enlightenment' you are
already just talking *about* the enlightenment'.

The 'enlightened state' would seem to infer that
it is beyond cognition, beyond sense experience.
If so, then it could never be described in words.

You're 'crazy' to even attempt doing that, which
you just did, so I guess you ARE crazy. Either
that, or you're just talking out your ass.