--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> St. Thomas Aquinas was able to levitate as well, although this is not
> generally known to people within or without the Christian church.

I was watching an interesting program about the art
of Spain recently (there was a wonderful depiction of
Cordoba and what seemed to be it's idyllic and tolerant
society in the Muslim early years).

In the course of the programme Andrew Graham-Dixon
visited the monastery of the "levitating nun" MarĂ­a
de Agreda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar%C3%ADa_de_Agreda

A devout practitioner of quiet prayer, she was
known to experience religious ecstasy after receiving
the sacraments...

...even as a young girl she was filled with divine
knowledge

...Throughout her life, Maria de Agreda was inclined to
the "internal prayer" or "quiet prayer" for which the
Franciscans are noted. Like her countrywoman St. Teresa
of Avila, these prayerful experiences inevitably led to
her ecstasies, including witnessed accounts of levitation

It would be interesting to know more about her "quiet
prayer"!

(The programme "The Art Of Spain" was very good I thought.
But I don't think it's available now on the BBC iPlayer).