> > As I understand it from a muslim friend, Hindus take their
> > mythical writings literally. I guess the question is how
> > much we need to buy into the idea that there was once human
> > beings who could do things that seem to defy reason. In
> > today's world the real miracle would be for people to stop
> > trying to convince one another that his or her religion /
> > belief system trumps that of their neighbours. That would
> > be something.
>
> Indeed it would.
>
> And it's related to other things I've rapped about
> recently -- the relationship of subjective experience
> to "Truth," and the relationship of belief to "Truth."
>
> I hold that there *IS* no such relationship.
>
> And I hold this speaking as the only person here who
> has witnessed siddhis being performed. (Unless you
> believe Nabby, that is.) I witnessed levitation,
> turning invisible, turning mountains transparent,
> and many other siddhis numerous times over a period
> of 14 years.
>
> But does that make such things True? Or "Truth?"

"By remembering our inner innocence when we begin spiritual work, we ask to
have that which is not the truth brought to our awareness. The process is
therefore the evidence of success. As a result, there may be a somewhat chaotic
appearance to the lives of people who are labeled spiritual seekers. The inner
person is pleased because it says, 'I have been asked to see what stands
between me and the truth, and that has been brought up from my awareness to be
recognized, re-owned, recontextualized, and healed.' We provide a safe space
and context about our spiritual work by being centered in the Heart--not the
physical heart, but from the ultimate compassion, the owning of our self from
this level, the joy of the spiritual work, and the saying 'thank you' to all
the things that come up out of gratitude. The crisis is the very event of the
spiritual healing. It is out of the crises that the healing occurs." - Dr.
David S. Hawkins