Your ideas in this discussion are well intentioned.  But there must be a reason
why MMY insisted on practicing these siddhi techniques.  No one in this forum
has even entertained the possibility that MMY himself has experienced all of
the Patanjali siddhis, including levitation.  Perhaps, he has shared this
secret to only a few of his closest disciples.  They could come out in the
future to attest this fact about MMY.

>From jyotish, I could share with you the rationale behind the siddhis.  For
>example, the field of meditation is found in the 12th house, the significator
>for loss, both physical and mental.  While meditating, the field of karma or
>action is found in the 9th house, the field of dharma or higher knowledge.
>Thus, the activation of the siddhis enhances higher knowledge which leads to
>Unity Consciousness.

Even if the siddhis do not physically manifest, all of the fields of dharma are
activated which benefit the physical body (the first house) and intelligence
(the fifth house).  Using the same rationale, we can undestand how the
Maharishi Effect could manifest in the world at large.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "It's just a ride"