> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > No one on this forum is that insane.
> > >
> > > Oh.
> > >
> > > Never mind.
> >
> > You have mentioned that you have observed levitation
> > many times from your other teachers.
>
> Teacher. One. Frederick Lenz - Rama.
>
> > And, you believed it.
>
> No, I experienced it. As did literally thousands
> of others. Rama used to do this shit in *public
> talks* at the L.A. Convention Center or Carnegie
> Hall. As to what it was that we all experienced,
> I cannot say; all I can say is that we experienced
> it. Personally. No rumors. No innuendo like yours.
> Experience. Vs. Theory or blind faith. I know it's
> difficult for a TM True Believer to distinguish
> the two, but one has to point out the difference
> from time to time.
>
> > But if someone suggested MMY could do the same, you
> > would denounce it.  Why?
>
> I didn't "denounce." I laughed at it. Did you never
> *meet* Maharishi? Were you *asleep* for forty years
> of his marketing campaigns? If Maharishi found a
> cure for *hangnails* he would have been demonstrating
> it on national TV, labeling it Maharishi(TM) Hangnail
> Yagya, and selling it for thousands of dollars.  :-)
>
> > Tell us the truth.  Were you hallucinating when you saw
> > the levitation?
>
> I wasn't on drugs, if that's what you're implying.
> Neither were the thousands of others who exper-
> ienced the same things I did. Were we "hallucinating"
> in the sense that we saw and experienced things that
> a video camera wouldn't have captured? Possibly. But
> that does not mean we didn't experience what we did.
> WHAT it was I experienced I cannot speak to. What it
> "meant" I cannot speak to. All I can speak to is that
> I, personally, experienced it.

Too bad all those thousands of people who experienced Rama levitating
pre-mobile phone days didn't upload a video of him hovering in mid-air to
youtube. Would it then have put to rest whether Barry "experienced" or "saw"
Rama levitating or would he simply argue the cell phone experienced levitation?
No matter what he's sticking to his story. He has dug himself in quite deeply
that there's a distinction between seeing levitation and disbelieving your
lying eyes, and experiencing your lying eyes. It's a flimsy distinction without
much difference but I'm guessing it shields him from his critics and allows him
to maintain his cynicism lest he be accused of being <spit> a true believer. A
man of heart, a man of courage would say, "I saw Rama levitating" and take his
lumps.