WillyTex wrote:

> Bhairitu:
>
>> I'm surprised that David Lynch has stayed with TM this
>> long.  If he thinks Hollywood has "too many rules" then
>> maybe he ought to look at the TM movement. One would think
>> he would wake up to the scam.  I'm sure many film cohorts
>> have mentioned other meditation courses far less expensive
>> and not scams.
>>

> So, I wonder how many years you spent 'scamming' the public?
>
> The other Barry says fourteen years, Curtis says twelve, Edg
> says twenty-five and John Manning claims he scammed over
> 5,000 people out of their money. What's up with that?

At a max of $125 a pop I don't think any of us scammed anyone.  That was
a reasonable price and if people didn't like the meditation they weren't
out much.  But at $2400 or whatever the going rate is they would be.

You don't charge for the meditation but for the time the teacher has to
take.  It could be condensed into a weekend workshop which is probably
more convenient for most people.  Many other meditation schools do this
and keep the fee down so people can afford it.  The teachers get paid
for their time unless it is a monastic outfit where the teachers are
monks and needs taken care of by the ashram.  And westerners do feel
that charging for meditation makes it seem worthy.  That is as long as
the fee is reasonable.  And for the record I only taught about 20 people
as MMY then wanted the MIU graduates to do the teaching.  About then is
when the movement began falling apart because these kids had no real
experience in life and many potential meditation students couldn't stand
them and would ask "where is so and so?  I want to learn from them."