<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Guess we have different definitions of friendship then :-)
> >
> > A true friend for me is one who loves unconditionally, without a
lot
> > of rules and requirements either of us has to navigate through
> > to "earn" or "keep" that love. >>>
>
> Wow ! That sounds like  a lot of conditions. Seems like you want
them
> to be unconditional, but not from your side. Try again.

If one's love is unconditional, by definition that
means one loves everybody, which means everybody is
a friend--which means, ultimately, that *nobody*
is a friend, because "friend" vs. "not-friend" is a
distinction that no longer exists.

So if we're talking about unconditional love, we're
no longer talking about friendship per se.