From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of do.rflex
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 2:07 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: So-called patriotic Republicans have for over
40 years been the enemies of a democratic USA

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , sgrayatlarge <no_re...@...>
wrote:

> Didn't Carter go after the TM movement? Sending spies? I used to hear MMY
complaining about that a lot in the late 70's.

Can you back that up that wacko claim?
I can. Carter was a religious fundamentalist who had met with MMY while
governor of Georgia. There used to be a photo of the meeting floating
around. Allegedly, he was on his knees praying before the meeting. My sense
was that he was praying for "protection", but who knows? Anyway, during his
presidential campaign, he told someone close to him that should he win, he'd
do everything in his power to interfere with the TM movement. The person he
said that to relayed the conversation to Dr. Margaret Brenman-Gibson, wife
of playwright William Gibson (The Miracle Worker), who attended TTC in
Mallorca. She used to speak at TM conferences and go to residence courses
and I got to know her. She told me what Carter's aid (or whoever he was) had
told her.