> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > The conspirators in the world tend to fail by their own
> > means.  Usually because they are too blinded by their ego.
> > Anyone who wants to dominate the world is not very
> > spiritually evolved.  Their perception and consciousness
> > has to be limited.  Seems to me the higher the intellect
> > the more the recognition that power has a price and a
> > burden and a good thing to stay away from.  The power
> > mongers have been trying to enslave the masses for
> > decades and so far they haven't succeeded mainly because
> > of their own folly.
>
> But the really malign ones do perfectly ghastly damage
> and cause horrific suffering before they fail, so the
> fact that they're ultimately self-limited by their egos
> doesn't solve the problem. You just wanna make them stop
> NOW.

Ahem. *YOU* might want to make them stop now.
I do not have such fantasies, or dream of having
those kinds of siddhis.

I see believing that you (even theoretically)
have the right to decide who is good and who is
evil and who is "malign" and who is the potential
ideal citizen of society as essentially no different
than Dick Cheney or Joseph Stalin or Mao Tse-Tung
or any tyrant in history doing so.

It's a slippery slope, even theoretically. IMO,
the moment anyone thinks "Something should be done
about these malign people I don't like," they have
BECOME one of those malign people themselves.

Just my opinion. So shoot me. With a death ray. :-)

I've been watching this subject (anger) "from afar,"
because it has made me become aware of how long it's
been since I have actually *felt* anger. I say this
with some surprise; I had not really noticed or paid
attention to its absence before now.

What seems to happen these days -- and I do *not* attrib-
ute this to any particular technique or tradition or Woo
Woo or self worth or anything; it's merely an observation
of what seems to be happening -- is that situations that
in the past might have triggered anger as a first response
now trigger humor as not only the first response, but the
lasting response.

Interestingly enough, the "humor response" often seems to
be not only more appropriate to the potentially anger-
provoking situations, but more effective.

Case in point. This week, after a remarkably blissful and
non-intrusive takeover of the company I've worked for the
last 6 years by a Really Big Corporation, some bureaucrat
finally did Something Stupid, something potentially anger-
provoking.

He/she/it (one never knows which within the Really Big
Corporation because the memos are always signed first
initial, last name) sent me a "form letter" email informing
me that outside consultants such as myself now had to become
"inside." That is, we must "attach ourselves" to the nearest
Really Big Corporation office, and work from there instead
of from our homes.

"Ahem," thought I.

In the past, this might have provoked some anger. I have
been working primarily from my home for decades, and see
no reason to cease doing so. As a rash youth, I might have
hit the ceiling and become angry and "made a scene," with
predictable results.

My first reaction this week was humor, so I reacted with
humor. I wrote politely back to the bureaucrat in question,
telling them that I had done some research and that the
nearest IBM office to my home was in Barcelona. Further-
more, I told him/her/it that I had done similar research on
commute time, and determined that working there every day
would cost me at least three hours per day that I could
have otherwise spent working for the Really Big Corporation
and being paid for. I thus suggested that *of course* I
expected the Really Big Corporation to pay me for this
lost commute time.

I further suggested (and this is where the humor part comes
in) that if they did not, it was No Biggie, because the
three hours commute time would give me lots of time in which
to search for a new contract with a more enlightened company.

The response? A subdued, bureaucratic "Never mind."

Humor, and in this case a correct assessment on my part that
the Really Big Corporation needed me far more than I needed
them, defused a potentially explosive situation and made it
go away. No anger ever either arose or was needed.