--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@> wrote:
>
> I can't make you understand my point Judy.

You didn't even try, Curtis. You kept backing off and
never really addressed anything I said. At one point
you attempted to make an explanation conditional on
my telling you what *I* saw in the ritual, and I did
some of that in the post you're responding to--but
now you're opting out entirely.

> With your belligerent attitude understanding is obviously
> out of the question.  You are too interested in my role as
> a person to castigate.

You make it about yourself, Curtis, every damn time, but
it doesn't always start out that way. It didn't this time.

> But don't try to sell it as your high sense of ethics
> that you decide to take the least charitable view of me
> any my posts while rescuing people who don't post here
> like Michael Jackson and this TM priest from my horrible
> ideas.

This is crap and you know it. If someone said something
that you understood in a way that offended your
sensibilities, whether it was about anyone who posted
here or not, you'd respond just as I do. It's absurd
to rule out of line any objection to something said
about someone who doesn't post here.

I didn't "decide" to take what you say is the "least
charitable view" of you, or even of what you wrote.
That's how it appeared to me, and would have, as I
said, no matter who had posted it.

> You are standing up for nothing other than your desire
> to castigate the person in front of you, misconstrue
> their points into the most superficial straw man and
> then unload on them.

Bullshit. It wasn't a straw man; you *confirmed* it,
over and over, and never offered any even remotely
coherent counterexplanation. What really nailed it
for me was your astonishing contention that the
priest was a figment of my imagination--and then
you turned around and claimed you were taking this
very real priest as a representative of all priests.
Should I assume all Catholic priests are a figment
of my imagination? Or just those that do TM?

That's part of what I mean by incoherence.

> It is your default, your MO.  And no one has given
> you more invitations to act otherwise than I have Judy.

I took you up on your "invitation" this time and you
promptly decided to end the discussion with a personally
insulting tirade.

> We are just not able to have decent exchanges without
> devolving into a weird niggling battle.  I don't have
> all the answers why and am sure I am playing my part
> in this dance.

You're not only playing your part, you are the instigator
in almost all cases.

*could* have had a discussion. But you wanted to have a
fight.

Look at the beginning of any one of our exchanges that
became hostile. You'll see the same exact pattern. The
instant you feel something you've said hasn't met with
total approval and acceptance, you go into battle mode.

> But I'm out on this particular song.

No surprise there.