--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > What's fascinating is that the Self (Judy) in
> > > this case stalking the Self (Barry)  ... Stalker Judy Self has
> > > been stalking Barry Self
>
> I wonder what Buddha, Shankara, Christ (if one reads "Kingodm of Heaven" as
> Self), Tolle, Emerson, and all would think of a highly qualified and
> differentiated Self? (as opposed to self).
>

> > Ah, the Self chasing the Self chasing the Self chasing the Self ... redux

 At some fundamental 'level" we are all the same, and we are at one  with
nature and the universe. This is a theme found in poetry, s psychedelics,
literature, song, sexual union, mysticism (physics in part), and all. Its a
wide spread notion -- though not necessarily bought into by all peoples who are
aware of this theme.

A simple supposition is that mystical practices (aka spiritual, religious
practices) aid in taking this intellectual understanding or at least "known
observation of others" to a more experiential realm -- probably in some sort of
continuous function of growth -- or perhaps a quantum leap to a new vision or
functional cognitive framework.

This being a group of various mystical/spiritual practicioneers -- and in some
cases participants and observers of  spiritual-oriented communities or groups,
a question arises: Have you had either eposodic, or perhaps cummulativly
growing, experiences of such Unity?

And if so, have you observed any  spillover effects to personal life and
relations with others, and nature (if not the universe)?