> I think an appropriate "deeper, probing question" might
> be along the lines of "What has being 'the center of the
> universe' ever done for anyone except yourself?"
>
> There *might* be some interesting answers to this. If
> there are, *that* might interest those who care about
> other human beings in the concept of "everyday enlight-
> enment." If it's just "feelgood stories," as tartbrain
> has said more eloquently than I before, I don't see
> these stories appealing to anyone who isn't "Only in
> it for the self."

I don't recall characterizing them as feel good stories ( i may have -- lots of
posts recently) -- just not so interesting for a prolonged listen.

But on Edg's advice, I read a thread in which he engaged one of the people on
the Pump list, and it was interesting. So I posted some questions, and the
members have been very nice, supportive, helpful. And they have some good
insights. So I probably sampled too few posts to draw a strong conclusion. Same
with the video and tapes. I will give them another go in a few days or this
weekend.

Some posts may be a bit intellectual, but dome are on here are also.

So, I have a new view of things over yonder.