--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> authfriend wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:

> >> It's not necessarily about exaggeration either.  In this
> >> case even I heard that by a number of credible sources the
> >> rig fell on the well. How do you know that what you read
> >> was *not* propaganda from BP or the oil bastards
> >
> > You mean, the article titled "Mother of all gushers
> > could kill Earths oceans" could be propaganda from BP
> > or the oil bastards?
>
> No, these were calls from folks who work in that industry
> and know what is going on.  Sometimes you have to fight
> fire with fire.

Man, sometimes you can be dense!

The "Mother of all gushers" article was the one in which
the references to the rig falling on the well were *crossed
out* because they were inaccurate. This is on a Web site
that promotes alternative sources of energy; it's anti-
Big Oil.

That's how I know it wasn't BP propaganda.

> > Maybe you want to go back and read my post again...
> >
> I'm not concerned enough to bother.  My discussion anyway
> is about casual talk and abstract discussion.

Common sense is always good.

> > Actually, what you should have learned is that your
> > sources weren't as credible as you assumed, at least
> > on that point.
> >
> > Do you have any idea how big that rig was? The idea
> > that it would have sunk a mile straight down through
> > the ocean and landed neatly on top of the wellhead
> > makes no sense just on its face. It's not like
> > dropping a pebble into a pond.
> >
> You mean like the twin towers should have fallen over
> rather than on their footprint?

They sank in the ocean?

Come on, man! Use the old bean!

> >> Why is it so important for someone to have folks *pay
> >> attention* to their recommendations?  Is it about
> >> *the ego?*
> >
> > First you say you need to exaggerate to get people's
> > attention, now you say their attention isn't important
> > and it's egotistical to want it. Better do a little
> > rethinking here...
>
> No, it's to  *counter* the propaganda.  That has nothing
> to do with ego.  But being concerned about your position
> does.  Sometimes we just throw out things for the sake of
> argument.

"Here's the real skinny, don't listen to their propaganda"
is what I'd call a recommendation.

That's the whole point. If you distort and exaggerate
instead of giving the real skinny, folks aren't going to
trust you when you say the oil bastards are distorting
and exaggerating.