From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 10:51 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Acedia & Fairfield

 Different story. A friend here re-tells
hearing Charlie Lutes getting a phone call from
a despondent friend threatening suicide.

Charlie
tells him "Before you do that, let me tell you what is
going to happen". "With our bodies gone
the soul has no buffer but for the raw suffering and pain
it is experiencing".
(picture of hell)
"You could do that, its an option" The advantage of a human
body is that it buffers pain & suffering. Without a body & nervous
system the soul is exposed to the totality of the pain and suffering."
etc.
The caller reconsidered.

I always wondered why everyone took Charlie Lutes so seriously. He could
read an esoteric book as well as the next guy, and was better than most at
regurgitating the information. I once had an argument with a guy who had
insisted that Charlie was enlightened because he had been meditating for 15
years.