Yeah, I do assume some sort of Prime Directive -- in that the universe is so
old and that civilizations so advanced are a gimme.  All this snatch and grab
had to be regulated long ago.  I can see the exceptions to my speculation
having remote possibility, but come on -- any imperialistic species would have
had comeuppance by the inter-galactic police for the crime of gluttony.

If I can go faster than light, I can do anything with physicality -- no need to
grab planets from the rubes.  Yes, if they landed today, we'd all be depressed
instantly -- and that might be why they haven't landed.  I can go outside and
ruin the lives of tens of thousands instantly -- my local anthill is just
waiting for me to take all their belongings -- ridiculous!!!!

Just so, we're ants, maybe even merely microbes comparatively.  If any
civilization lasts longer than, say, a thousand years past its discovery of
faster than light travel, I fully expect religion based on "absolutely figured
out physics" to hold sway on the morality of a species.

The advanced species have their own problems -- immortality is a drag maybe for
instance.