yifuxero:
> You're confusing the issues...

The author of this site, Timothy Conway, is obviously
an Amma devotee. It is very unseemly to criticize and
categorize the new self-help teachers without revealing
your own affiliations -  it's dishonest.

http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org/neo-advaita.html

The accused are apparently Wayne Liquorman, Dennis
Waite, Echole Tolle, Andrew Cohen, and other teachers
of the non-dualist persuasion.

But, I've seen no really cogent argument that these
teachers are anything but non-dualists. Ramana had
no authorized disciples - Acharya Gaudapada was the
first 'Neo-Advatin'!

You don't have to like your teacher - just do what he
or she  says. Otherwise, find another teacher to your
liking.

"...there is, as yet, no such large-scale support for
a pure Advaita Vedanta "sangha(s)" inspired by (NOT "in
the lineage of") Ramana Maharshi or other well-respected
sages like Nisargadatta Maharaj, Atmananda (Sri Krishna
Menon), et al."

Traps and Pitfalls in the "Neo-Advaita" or "Pseudo-Advaita"
form of Advaita (Nondual) Spirituality: