The idea that the ego vanishes is an umbrella concept, overly broad, since it
covers more than one concept. The only thing that vanishes is the innate
identification with ego.
Assuming MMY was Self-Realized, it would be absurd to state that he had no
projective or social ego.  This ego is composed of innate, ongoing tendencies,
including latent karma, that existed before Self-Realization and continues
through until the body dies.

Thus, if MMY had some repressed sexual urges shoved underground by years of
monkish behavior that only became expressed when circimstances provoked some
response; well,...this can occur even after Self-Realization.

It appears you are a Neo-Advaitin in the Ramana Maharshi school.  I will state
it outright:  his claim as to the vanishing of the ego is incorrect.  A more
appropriate statement or statements would be found among the BATGAPPERS,
especially those associated with the Waking Down School.

The ego is simply recognized as an ongoing complex associated with the
body/mind and is not the core Self.
But it goes on and on and on...like the bunny battery.
..
The notion that the projective ego (associated with the rising astrological
sign and sun sign especially) vanishes is simply an urban Neo-Advaitic myth,
mainly perpetuated by HWL Poonja and continued through his many disciples.