Lawson wrote:
> the storefront centers are meant to be revenue generators

>From what I've seen of the world of business,
"revenue generators" are high-margin or high-
volume items such as food service contracts in
Iraq or convenience store staples such as soft
drinks, beer, pornography and cigarettes. Spa
services, which is what these centers are selling,
are not among those things I'd call revenue generators.

I suspect that spas require exotic locations to work,
so that the spa becomes a vacation. I was involved
in the marketing of an alternative and complementary
health care facility in Portsmouth, New Hampshire,
that the manager envisioned to be a spa, but it was a
huge disappointment. It was beautiful place with a host
of great services offered under the imprimature of a
respected hospital, yet sales fell far short of projections.

Anyway, my jadedness in matters of marketing
should not stop Maharishi and the remaining
believers to try this last fling. Counterintuitive
actions work sometimes.

 - Patrick Gillam