These posting problems here have been frustrating over the last 48 hours. Seems
Yahoo Groups is getting overloaded. I think it's time for me to quit this
group. It's also a downer to me to read so many posts that appear more
interested in scoring points than sharing news and inspiration. There are 1376
members here, a few persistently negative voices launching ad hominem attacks
in almost every post can really put people off participating. And the almost
daily attacks on the moderator Rick are appalling to me! I think the whole
nature of the forum is becoming outdated by more friendly interfaces such as
Facebook. At least in Facebook most use their own names, show their faces, and
give some personal info. It helps to keep discussion civil.

Sal. You seem to be one of the most frequent to use ad hominem attacks. In this
case by accusing me of fabrications several times. Simply because I didn't
provide any links. Anyone can find the source I quoted with google. Just take
the whole phrase, put in inverted commas and do a google search. The Gurr quote
with ME has 7 hits - mostly in the UK.

I provided the quotes I got from Bermuda business leaders on the ME project we
did in Bermuda simply to show more testimonials. Is that "selling" an idea
that's not welcome on FFL or offering further opinions of intelligent people
who have studied the results of an ME demonstration?

Probably because this issue is a paradigm breaker it arouses such strong
adverse reactions. Interestingly John Davies's students could teach FFL a lot
about how to resolve differences without aggression or ad hominem attacks. I
had the pleasure of hosting John and his wife for a week in my home in Bermuda
in the 90's and learned so much about the Maharishi Effect. And how he engaged
the different audiences I had him speak to. In one lecture I remember him going
through many different levels of approach to conflict resolution- I recall
about 9. And the last he simply described as "Being" and gave the briefest
mention of meditation before ending and opening for questions. It was the
softest introduction to a discussion that ensued (in the question time) on the
Maharishi Effect that I have ever heard. It was to a Rotary lunch and carried
live on the radio and excerpted on the TV evening news.

It's rare that I see discussion anywhere close to being this respectful or
sincere on FFL. So for me this is goodbye and I wish you all the best on your
individual journeys of discovery.