authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > It's like watching Doug Henning perform his
> > close-up magic.  Intellectually you know it's
> > a trick, but that doesn't help you see through
> > it, because it's so well done.  Something *else*
> > has to happen for you to perceive the trick.
>
> That's what everyone who is attached to attachment says.  :-)

I love the analogy Judy strikes above. I've been told
all this creation around me is an illusion, and I'm
inclined to believe I'm being told the truth, but for
the life of me I can't see how. I can see how my
perception colors it, but I can't see how I'm actually
creating it or how I'm being deceived.

As for Barry's remark, what am I to make of that?
I could gain by loosening my attachment to attachment?
I'll see the illusion? If you'd like to elaborate, Barry,
please feel free.

---------

I wonder if anyone has ever compiled a list of all the different means by which
people have
awakened. There seems to be a correlation between training and awakening, but
otherwise
it seems random, judging from the accounts I've read. People often recount a
predisposal
to altered states going back to childhood, but otherwise, I've read all manner
of stories of
how people have popped into realization on the way to doing something else.
Suzanne
Segal is boarding a bus; Peter Sutphen is walking to the dome, Tom Traynor is
-- what?
Getting hit by a car? I forgot your story, Tom. Rory Goff says "Enough of this.
I quit trying
to be enlightened," et voilĂ . So who's to say what's needed to flip the switch?

Frankly, I haven't heard a better account for all this than what has come from
Maharishi.
One needs to culture awareness of the self being aware of itself and raise the
level of
collective consciousness at large. Then, with grace, you may wake up.

 - Patrick Gillam