From: emptybill <emptyb...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Desperation to fill the Domes
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 11:35 AM

I think just doing the 3-Stage pranayama makes a
noticeable difference as an entry to meditation.

However, SSRS was quite clear that kriya itself
clarifies the nadis, dissolves tamas, pacifies rajas, and suffuses the mind
with sattva. The consequence is that it brings the mind close to or into
samadhi. Thus, when meditation begins, the mind is focused and quiet yet clear
and transparent in its perception. A vivid, inner silence can then be
recognized as the fundamental condition of awareness. This is way beyond a
teacher having someone
opening and closing his or her eyes to experience the distinction between outer
and inner perception and then pointing out some instants of quietness.