--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I was thinking of the fucking Bhagavad Gita and how fallow the
story and God's instructions are. To whit, what if Arjuna was faced
with Nuclear arms race on both sides of the field. God would tell him
to push the button. That's real smart Krishna. Real fucking smart
Arjuna.  Real good dharma.

Oh yee of little faith, does it not say in the Gita, "To protect the
righteous and destroy the wicked,....I (the Divine)take birth age
after age", Gita Ch4vs8.

You have an ego my friend, from which you think the whole securtiy of
the world depends...such hubris, tut, tut!

> In which case the only Good Arjuna would be the adharmic and
ungodly Arjuna. The Bhagavad Gita was a goodd story but it doesn't
work in real life situations. All it does is reaffirms some vague
concept of dharma. Most people don't have the foggiest notion of what
dharma even is and so as such, have no notion of what they should do
in any circumstance one way or another.

Such is the nature of the gunas....

> I could counter every single paragraph of the Gita with a more
rational way of doing things. And that's just stupid me.

Agreed!

>What of smarter people? It's just reified nonsense, or a good tall
>tale. It's as sensible as the New Testament. It's no wonder that
>Maharishi couldn't even be bothered to finish commenting on it.

Now, now, let's not destroy the messenger because you don't like the
message, the message is clear, you just don't like it,...cheese
anyone?