Er, Peter, Maccoby's book doesn't suggest that Jesus
never existed, or even that he wasn't a great big
deal. He's not saying Paul invented Jesus but that he
invented *Christianity* as it has come down to us.

When you jump into a thread without having read the
other posts, you're likely to make embarrassing mistakes,
as you have here.

(Be interesting to see whether John clues you in, or
just lets you continue to look like a fool.)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 12/31/10, John <jr_...@...> wrote:

<snip>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,