--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Excellent post. My comments in between marked by ****.

Thanks, Irmeli.  Great comments too.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> > As I said in earlier posts, something *else* has
> > to happen for experiential knowledge, the
> > experiential reality, to change.  "Attachment"
> > in the sense MMY uses the term is not something
> > that can be dissolved by intention (other than
> > the intention to sit down, close one's eyes, and
> > begin TM).  Nor can it be dissolved via
> > intellectual examination or psychological probing.
>
> **** I think intellectual self inquiry, psychological probing and
> recognizing and transforming suppressed emotions are important
> techniques along with meditation that help you better navigate in
> life and makes you faster ready for the next shift in awareness,
> but the shift in itself doesn't happen through these means.****

I'll buy that.  I do think one needs to strike a good
balance, though, and not get so self-involved (lower-
case s!) that it kills one's ability to be spontaneous.

<snip>
> > It seems to me, based on my observation of what
> > realized people have said about the state of
> > ignorance, that the stages of experiential reality
> > are not backward-compatible, as it were.  You can't
> > fully recall the experiential reality of the dream
> > state once you are awake.
>
> **** I often like to metaphorically think of these different stages
> of experiential reality ( this is a very good expression) as
> different operating systems in a computer. I think it is also
> possible that, when a new more advanced operating system gets
> installed, the new one may be lacking some good properties the old
> operating system had. It's the throwing away the baby with the bath
> water syndrome. The more advanced operating system can pick up
> those properties, once the defect is recognized. The old operating
> system cannot pick up the more advanced qualities of the new
> operating system.

Terrific metaphor, and very interesting observation
about the new OS lacking some good properties of the
old one!  And I should think it might be harder to
recognize personality defects when one is in a state
of wholeness with regard to one's consciousness, at
least until the "novelty" wears off.

> I have realized that if I really want to help another person, I must
> be able to experientially share her reality. In that position I look
> at the conflicts of her life and we try to navigate through them the
> best we can together. This kind of sharing is very difficult to do
> in a chat group in internet

Yes, one's Internet persona can be different in
many respects from one's "live" persona.  But
by the same token, it may be easier to reveal
certain kinds of things about oneself when one
is at an electronic distance.

>, clearly easier in the physical
> presence of the person. In every day life I feel it is more
> rewarding to meet each person this way to the extent I can. It
> doesn't feel a bit good to take a superior position.****

Yup.