> > Quick question, how many here (including TM
> > teachers, former
> > TMteachers, etc) honestly believe that TM is unique,
> > worth the money,
> > etc?

Since you asked, my honest answers are:

"No, I don't believe the technique is unique."

"No, I don't believe it is worth what is being charged for it."

I think it would be a great technique if it were made avaliable
at its original price -- $75 for working adults, $35 for students.
At that price, I would recommend it along with other techniques
that are available at that price point that have (in my opinion)
equal value for the potential student.

Now a few questions in return:

-- How many other techniques of meditation have you
studied to verify your (seeming) belief that TM is unique?

-- What makes you believe it's worth, say, 46 times what
Vipassana meditation generally costs, or 200 times what
Tibetan Buddhist meditation "costs" (in quotes because
the latter $15 was a suggested, but not required, donation).

-- If you had a friend who wanted to learn to meditate, but
who made less money per month than TM costs (which
would put them at about the median income level for
Americans), would you recommend that the friend learn
TM rather than check out one of the more reasonably-
priced alternatives?