--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> Part of the problem is there are entire swaths of our own mental
landscape that we're not familiar with. In a mental technique, as
awareness of mentation expands into other areas, there's always the
danger that we'll attach some special providence to these thoughts, esp.
if they don't appear to even be thoughts (they're that different). A
message from beyond, from God, the Angel Archos X31A, Ascended Masters,
Jesus -- instead of just seeing them as part of our interdependent
continuum. Thus you have new agers who spontaneously begin to "channel"
(largely a mental phenomenon) and attach real specialness to their own
ignorance. Some go on the road with such inner narcissism, write
channelled books, give workshops and consultations.

Just curious.  Do you find all "channeled" "knowledge" as bunk?  Just
asking.  I don't have an ulterior motive.  I have on occassion gotten
value from this venue (reading books) in the past, but haven't gone that
route (or any route for that matter) in some time.  But I have found
some of it insightful.