-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>

> Fascinating human story either way.  I remember in India when he
told us "It was the greatest good fortune for all mankind...that
I decided to come out."  He would certainly get a gold star in the
self-esteem building workshop for that one. But for my taste he
could have dialed it back a notch or 20.

Yes, me too! And, flagellate me all you want, I generally
love MMY's style - his bearing, his mode of expression,
his 'look'.

But, could it be? Could this be a cultural thing? There
is a certain, how shall I say, "front"?, about the
Indo-Pakistani way of expression. Us Brits do the Hugh
Grant self-effacing thing to a fault. It's all relative
though. Could it be that we're just being too Hugh Grant
on MMY's arse, when we should be more Muhammad Ali?

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and
apologize"