--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@...> wrote:

> So true.  My mother-in-law is a true narcissist and it is
> really amazing.

;-)

There's something about "mother-in-law" that generates that
perhaps. My wife has big problems with her "mother-in-law".
For me, "my mother" is not the same person at all!

"A police recruit is asked during an exam, 'What would you
do if you had to arrest your own mother-in-law?' He replies,
'I'd call for backup.'
Bernard Manning

http://goo.gl/jMNtT

>  And as we begin to understand brain chemistry better we
> can perhaps develop a bit of compassion for someone so
> compelled to have an inordinately high opinion of himself.

Gosh - I find that very "epistemologically optimistic"!