--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@...> wrote:
<snip>
> But for the sake of argument, lets assume that someone
> did not formally learn TM or the sidhis. Does that mean
> that they cannot have any knowledge of the practices
> and cannot compare such methods to others that they are
> learned in?

It's not a matter of "any," it's a matter of "enough" to
make a valid comparison. TM and the TM-Sidhis are
particularly dicey in that regard.

> If so, then MMY and a million TMO teachers must have
> been wrong. We were "experts" -- well we were taught to
> speak authoritatively, on a long list of techniques that
> we never had practiced (and why they were flawed
> relative to TM).

I'd suggest that with most other techniques, the "enough"
bar I mentioned above is considerably lower than it is
for TM. That isn't to say by any means that TM teachers
get everything about the other techniques 100 percent
right, but that they probably get closer than someone who
had never learned TM would be able to come to getting TM
100 percent right.