> > ...I'm on the free will side, but don't
> > see how the question can be resolved
> > logically.

turquoiseb:
> IMO only those indulging in confirmation bias
> believe that ANY philosophical question can be
> "resolved." :-)

There are millions of proofs for determinism
that can be cited every day - shit flows
downstream and everything falls down. There
is not a single proof for the existence of
a 'Free Will'. Can you think of one?

If there was a free will, you could fly up
into the air and hover or change lead to gold.

If there was free will, you will yourself to
be enlightened and you would not have to
practice yoga - you could just 'will' yourself
to be anything you wanted to be.

It is much more simple and pragmatic to just
accept causation and forget the metaphysical.

There once was a Chinese sage who, always
looking up at the clouds, fell into a ditch
and hurt himself real bad.

So, be careful of what you believe in - like
a snake picked up by the wrong end could bite
you. You're already smarting from the licking
you just got from Judy, so before you start
posting your philosophy, THINK first.