--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willytex@...> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, John (jr_esq) wrote:

> > > According to jyotish, it's not easy to become
> > > a guru.
> >
> > turquoiseb:
> > Au contraire, Pierre. If Maharishi could do it,
> > anyone can do it.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6_RzkgGYY
>
> Apparently it's much more difficult to actually
> provide a link to the Maharishi on YouTube. LoL!!!

Mike Myers is a better actor, as well as possibly
a more credible guru.

:-)

More seriously, is there anyone here who would not
be comfortable with one of Maharishi's private
journals emerging -- in his own handwriting -- in
which he admits that he considered *himself* a
charlatan and a fake guru from Day One? It wouldn't
faze me in the least, no more than it would if a
similar journal was found penned by Rama - Frederick
Lenz, or even by the Buddha himself.

Only those whose egos are so large that they
think that no one could possibly fool them would
IMO be upset with such a discovery. Me, I know
better. I know full well -- from experience -- that
I can be fooled by a good act, a good spiel, and
a good costume. It's *no problem* for me to admit
that. IMO the very thing that allows charlatanry
to proliferate and succeed is the suckers' ego-
based inability to believe that they could be
fooled. That belief is synonymous for me with
"already being a fool."