On 06/15/2011 03:16 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>> Most spiritual teachers do have the ability to do number two and a
>> number here might argue they experienced number 2 or what is usually
>> called "darshan" even with Maharishi.  The guy did have some shakti
>> after all.  If some folks didn't experience maybe they hit him on a
>> bad day or their nervous system was just too coarse to experience
>> it.
> Ignoring the obvious humor bait of the "number two"
> references :-), I'd love to hear from those who feel
> that they experienced what I'm talking about with MMY.
> I never did.
>
> The occasional light "buzz," or a feeling of upliftment
> maybe, but the full-blown experience of one of his 3
> higher states of consciousness, never. IMO, what most
> people I've talked to experience as "darshan" is an
> occult buzz, not what I'm talking about at all.
>
> As you suggest, it could be that I just didn't groove
> with him and did with the other teachers I wrote about
> originally. Did you ever experience this (being able to
> experience a full-blown higher state of consciousness)
> while with Maharishi? With anyone else? Genuinely curious.

It wasn't a case of "grooving" as I treated the encounters as
objectively as I could, no "mood making."  Remember, I came to TM from
having an experience some 3 years earlier of trying a mantra in a book
and having kundalini experience.  Between that and learning TM, I did
quite a bit of reading, meditation experiments and studying yoga
teachings.  After I learned TM and was one day explaining it to a
skeptical friend he told me I started glowing during the explanation.

The first time I saw Maharishi was probably in the spring of 1974 when
he was in San Francisco during the Merv Griffin years.  I think Clint
Eastwood and definitely Burt Reynolds and Merv were there.  Again I
tried to observe objectively.  Next was on TTC when he made us
teachers.  He was one person when he sat on the stage and asked for
experiences and another when he made us teachers.  He was very business
like with the latter and showed some knowledge of the technology he was
using.

Then I saw him again when he "sneaked" into Seattle in the summer of 1978.

Shakti doesn't mean that the person is enlightened but to have helps a
lot to take the person down the road as it will condition the nervous
system for it.  You can also charge up by meditating a bit before
satsang (hint, hint).   In my tantric path the ideal is to have enough
shakti you can at least give 7 people shaktipat a day.

Taking a crowd to a temporary experience of a higher state of
consciousness would require group shaktipat and some teachers can do
it.  I never heard of Maharishi doing that.