--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

I found it true of two Tibetan-based organizations in
Santa Fe, and it seems to be true of the Tibetan organ-
izations I have encountered here.  I could be wrong in
my perceptions, of course, but I have never seen such
Next Best Thing tactics in any of these organizations,
or the need for them.  ,And the people I talked to seemed
very happy with their practices and with their progress
with them, and still were after, in many cases, many years
or decades with the organizations.

Sorry I can't give you the actual names/lineages/titles
for the organizations, but that stuff just goes in one chakra
and out another for me.  I get invited to places, spend some
time there, and within a couple of days I couldn't tell you the
teachers' names or the actual name of the organization.  I
suspect that part of this is because I don't value lineage or
"collect" enpowerments or value having seen Guru X or
Rinpoche Y terribly much.  Another part of it is that during
the time I was in Santa Fe I was not only not looking for a
group to be part of, I was somewhat averse to being part
of one.  I'd just go places, check out the scen, and whether
I was impressed or not impressed, leave and usually not
go back.

The only reason I can remember Gangaji's name (of all the
teachers and organizations I interacted with in Santa Fe)
is that her name was short and I got to spend a little "offstage"
time with her because I was invited by one of her old friends.
On the other hand, I wouldn't class her organization as being
of the type I mentioned.